Resident Services Department
Resident Services offers a variety of programs, services and referrals that promote a healthy living lifestyle to residents and community Members. These programs and activities are designed to enhance positive development, program participation and to help residents support a sense of value in their community.
Resident Services works to provide residents with opportunities for employment, certifications, scholarships, referrals to public and private services as well as supportive services (Case Management). Resident Services department continues to develop new and strengthen current relationships with service providers, faith based organizations, public transportation and local government agencies to create support services/linkages to meet the resident’s needs.
Service and Programs Available
The types of programs and services that are available through our Resident Services department in collaboration with other programs are as follows:
- Adult Computer Class
- Youth/Adult Job Search and Resume building classes
- Youth Afterschool Homework Club (Partnership for Children & Youth)
- Building Blocks for Kids (Richmond Collaborative)
- Youth Fun Fridays
- Monthly Workshops
- Resident Council support
- LEAP – Adult Digital Health 5 Week Course (at the completion of 10-Hours the participant, will receive a Certificate of Completion and a refurbished Laptop Computer)
- West Contra Costa Unified School District – Nutrition Supper Program
- Water Conservation Education Program
- Resident Newsletter/Facebook Page for All Properties – updated Monthly, with current events, Residents Stories, Youth Leadership Projects/Trainings, etc.…..
- Girls, Inc. – Reading Rocks Summer Reading Literacy Programs
- Resident Crime Watch Program in collaboration with local police departments
- Summer and Spring Break Activities and Youth Field Trips
- Team sports (basketball, softball, etc) – Police Athletics League
- Health/Life Skills Fair
- National Night Out
- Meals on Wheel
- Wellness Checks for Senior Citizens in our properties
- Summer Academic Challenge Program
- Show Me The Way Life Skills Program
In addition to services available, the Resident Services Department promotes community engagement by hosting Resident Meetings and Special Events including holiday celebrations.